Tuesday, May 24, 2005

many switches


many switches, originally uploaded by eastaltus.

There is a little takeout place near my house that always has the same people inside. I go there when I feel like I will bleed burrito and can not bring myself to go to the mexican place up the street another consecutive night. I sketched this at the counter while I waited for my order, marveling how many unlabeled switches lined the wall. How many lights and appliances could these possibly run? How do the little old waitresses remember which switch enables/disables what? Sweet mystery of life, at last I've found you.
In related news, I love my new travel watercolor set with a passion I usually reserve for animate objects.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet mystery of life, at last I've found you.

But perhaps too late.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

I have to give it up to you, you're stuff is really strong, the more finished pieces are fantastic. Keep it coming.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Gabriel Campanario said...

great work, i agree with jason that it is really strong, VSImage_8 is my favorite so far

8:55 PM  
Blogger ric carrasquillo said...

Thanks Jason and B.V. I'm gettin all blushy ovah heah.

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Hit Counter