Monday, February 20, 2006

stepback


stepback, originally uploaded by eastaltus.

I superlove seeing where people make art. My fave so far is Ward Jenkins setup at Primal Screen. Here is where I currently make my scrbbles and paint dribbles.I used to have a studio downtown for the large making of messes but relocated a setup here at home as I don't focus on large paintings so much anymore. It is constantly evolving to maximize and accomodate new and different work habits, but its nearly there. I wish I never really had to leave it during the day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ward Jenkins said...

Thanks for the mention, Ric! I'm partial to my workspace as well. But I do love this nice little setup you have here. I'd love to work near windows, but I'm afraid that I'd be looking out them all day long. Me easily distracted.

Love love love your work, by the way.

8:47 PM  
Blogger ric carrasquillo said...

Thanks Ward,
I am a big fan of your work in and out of your studio.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Nick Sung said...

wow! that's a terrific looking studio. i like all the little work-stations within the space--i'd go there every day.

7:05 AM  
Blogger ric carrasquillo said...

thanks nick-
I have a Rolodex of excuses not to be anywhere else.
currently at top of list- "I can't feel my brain when I'm not drawing'" and the old gold standard," I forgot food was so important again."

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Hit Counter